Thursday, February 17, 2011

You've Arrived!!!

Dear AJ & Jaydyn,

Mommy always knew she'd be writing this letter eventually, but it still seems so surreal! In my last letter I wrote you, I was in the hospital again with contractions and was in active labor! They admitted me overnight to keep an eye on both of you and myself. As the morning rolled around, they contacted our doctor, Dr. Boyd, to let him know what was going on. And it was that morning that Dr. Boyd decided you boys were ready to meet the world. The nurse came in around 7:30ish and told Mommy that the doctor had decided we would be delivering you that day. Mommy immediately woke up Daddy (who was asleep on the couch) and told him, then she called Papaw. It was a few minutes later when Dr. Boyd stopped by and told Mommy we would be heading into surgery by 12 or 12:30 that afternoon.

Mommy was very excited and very nervous. Papaw and Karen and Lindsay got there around 11:30, and Penny and Kasey arrived just a few minutes later. Mommy also let Sasha and Holly know that you would be arriving and they also came so they could meet you!

Anyways, everyone was there waiting and talking, when the nurse came in and told me a C-section scheduled before mine was running behind and we should be going in shortly. Then, at 12:45, she showed up in the doorway and got myself and Daddy and we headed off to get started.

Once I got in the operating room, they got my spinal block started so that Mommy couldn't feel anything from the top of her belly down. The medicines made Mommy pretty sick and she threw up 3 times while they were starting the surgery to get you out of Mommy's belly. Then finally, at 1:30 pm on February 8th, 2011 they delivered you Mr. Angel "AJ" Luis Garcia IV. Mommy saw them rush you out of the operating room to the next room so they could make sure you were doing okay since you and brother were both premature. Then I heard you scream, letting Mommy know you were a-okay. But more importantly it reassured Mommy that your lungs were working fine which was the big worry for everyone. Then a full minute later, at 1:31pm on February 8th, 2011 they delivered you Mr. Jaydyn Timothy Garcia. I waited for you to cry, and it seemed like forever before I heard you let out that little scream. But you finally did. Daddy rushed between you AJ and you Jaydyn to take pictures. As Mommy laid there, I remember crying. Not because I was sad, but because I had never been so happy or thankful in my life as I was to have you two safe and sound! You were finally here! As I laid there and waited to be taken to recovery so I could get my first glimpse of you, I said a little prayer. I prayed and thanked God that both of you were healthy, that we had made it through surgery, and to thank Him for answering my prayers to be a Mother. I had waited almost 5 full years to hold my baby in my arms, and finally that dream and prayer had come true only God had multiplied that desire doubly.

Here are a few pictures from the hospital and once since you both have come home!

I love you both so much! You have have taught me a love and joy that can only be experienced by becoming a Mommy. I love you both so very very very much.


Photobucket
(Mommy's last belly shot!)

Photobucket
(Mommy holding you for the very first time!)

Photobucket
(You're very proud Daddy showing you off)

Photobucket
(Our first family photo!)

Photobucket
(Hanging out with Mommy at just a few days old!)

Photobucket
Angel "AJ" Luis Garcia IV born Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 1:30pm. 5lbs 3oz 18 inches long

Photobucket
Jaydyn Timothy Garcia born Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 1:31pm. 5lbs 9oz 18.5 inches long

<3 Love always and forever and ever <3
Mommy xoxo

0 comments: