Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Miracles

Well, so many people told me I should really keep a pregnancy journal and after thinking about it, I think it would be something fun! Not just for me, but for my kids to look back at later on in life to read. I'll probably only share this with close friends and family, but we'll see where it leads. Mostly I plan on making my posts more like letters to my kids. So with that in mind, I guess I'll get started.

Dear Miracle Babies,

This is my first letter to you, although it's not the first time I've thought of you. As a matter of fact, your Daddy and I have been trying to meet you since your Daddy and I got married in October of 2006. But getting to meet you wasn't as easy as we had hoped, planned, or dreamed.

See Mommy has something called PCOS, which stands for a big long word that you probably won't be able to pronounce til your 15. I know people who are 30 and still can't pronounce it! But in a nut shell, it's a syndrome that Mommy has that affects her hormone levels and her insulin levels and makes it so that Mommy's body doesn't work like most Mommy's bodies do. So in order to meet you, Daddy and I went to several different doctors til we finally found the one that thought meeting you wouldn't be as hard, difficult, or impossible as everyone else has said it would be. We met Dr. Bopp in January of 2010. Mommy had to go through some more testing, and was finally put on a pill that made my body work normally and a pill to help with my insulin levels. We started trying to have you in March, and finally found out in July that you were on your way.

I'll never forget that feeling I had knowing that God had finally given you to us. Your Daddy was in the living room and I was in the bathroom taking a test to find out if you were here yet. I sat there praying and when I looked up, our test had 2 pink lines on it, which meant that you were inside Mommy's belly and you had already started developing. I yelled for your Daddy, and when he got there, I showed him the test. We hugged, I cried, and then we called some very important people to tell them that you were on your way. Your Daddy called his Mom and Grandma, and I called my Dad, Mom, and text a best friend to tell them the good news. Everyone was very excited. I found out on July 3rd, which was a Saturday, and had my first Dr's appointment on Monday. They did some blood work to confirm you were definitely on your way and then they scheduled an ultrasound so we could get a good look at you! On July 25th, we got to see you for the very first time. And boy were we surprised.

Daddy and I went into the room where they were going to show you to us, and up until that point we thought there was only 1 of you in there. The doctor and two nurses came in, and we started looking at you. You were only 6.5 weeks old! The nurse told us there was one baby, then when she moved her tool a little bit, she told us there were 2 of you in there! I was so very very excited! I had prayed for so long for God to give me a baby, and he had blessed me with 2 babies! I couldn't believe it. Your Daddy on the other hand just said "shew" and smiled. He was speechless, literally! Then they let us hear the most beautiful sound in the world, your little beating hearts. At this point, we didn't know if you were boys or girls or one of each, so they only called you Baby A and Baby B! Baby A, your heart beat was 132 beats per minute. And Baby B, your heart beat was 127 beats per minute. I cried because I was so happy. Daddy was still speechless, but it was a happy speechless. After we talked to the doctor and got some pictures of you, we left.


Mommy had some pretty weird food cravings when you first started growing in her belly. I loved Spaghetti O's and Meatballs. Now the thought of them makes Mommy want to throw up. Other than being super tired though, I felt great the first 7 weeks that you were growing in there. Then something called Morning Sickness set it. Needless to say, every morning (and even noon and night) from the time you were 7 weeks old til you were 10 weeks old, Mommy felt like throwing up or did throw up. But you were worth it!

I can't wait to meet you. The doctors say you are supposed to come on March 11th, 2011, but that you will probably come a little bit earlier than that since there are two of you in there. Your Daddy and I are so excited to meet you and we just can't wait to hold you! You are an answered prayer from God and to Mommy, you are my Miracle Babies. I love you more than you know already! I'll keep on writing you these letters until you get here, and then when I do finally meet you, I may just keep this journal to tell you about all the changes you've had in your lives and that you've made in your Daddy's life and mine.

Love you forever,
Mommy

0 comments: