Thursday, August 26, 2010

mmmm Oatmeal

Dear Miracle Babies,

Good Morning! This is, of course, your Mommy writing you again to let you know how the two of you and Mommy are doing! Tomorrow you both of you will be 12 weeks old, which is very exciting for Mommy, because it means only 1 week left until we are officially in the second trimester of pregnancy! Which means we are a third of the way closer to finally meeting you! Since you will be 12 weeks old, I of course wanted to tell you how much you will be growing again! Mommy has found this great website that tells her all of your developments week by week. Anyways, here is how you will be growing in your 12th week of life!

" The fetus is now about 2.5 inches (6cm) length and weighs about 0.7 ounce.
* The feet are almost half an inch (1cm) long.
* The fetus starts moving spontaneously.
* The face is beginning to look like a baby's face.
* The pancreas is functioning and producing insulin.
* Fingernails and toenails appear.
* The baby can suck his thumb, and get hiccups.

12 weeks From this week you may well be able to hear the baby's heart beat through a doppler monitor on your tummy. You will notice that the rate is up to 160 a minute, double that of a normal adult.

Your baby now has a chin and a nose and a facial profile. Vocal chords are complete, and the baby can and does sometimes cry silently. The brain is fully formed, and the baby can also feel pain. The fetus may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers. The hair is on the head and the fingers and toes have developed soft nails. The kidneys are developed and begin to secrete urine.

Your baby's size has almost doubled in the past 3 weeks."

I am so amazed at how much you are growing each week! I think my favorite part of this week is that fact that you both now have your vocal cords, can suck your thumb, and that your beautiful little faces are starting to look more and more like what they will be when Mommy finally meets you! What an exciting week!

However, Mommy would be a little bit more excited this week if she weren't so sick! You two must have really decided to give Mommy the what for yesterday, because I was so sick that all I was able to eat was 1 package of Ramen Noodles, and some raw carrots and raw sugar snap peas! So after having such a rough day, Mommy decided to call the doctor and make them give her some medicines so that she wouldn't feel nauseated anymore! I really want to take good care of you two while you are growing in there, and I really want to take care of me so I can be around a long time for you two, God willing! So after taking my medicine last night and going to bed, I woke up this morning so very ready to eat since none of us ate a lot yesterday. So I think this morning we will have some oatmeal.

Unfortunately though, even though Mommy isn't dealing with feeling nauseated anymore, Mommy is sick with what I think is a cold. My throat has been hurting for a couple of days now, and this morning, all my nose wants to do is run, and fill up with junk for me to blow out of it. Ewww! Anyways, hopefully Mommy is going to feel completely better here soon!

Our next appointment is on September 7th. I'm really hoping the doctor will let me see the both of you again! And if that's not in the plans, then I plan on trying to fit it into the plans because I really want to see you two again!

Anyways, that is all for this letter. Mommy's tummy is starting grumble because it is so hungry, so I think that's my signal that it's time to feed all of us!

I love you both so much already, and already can't imagine my life without you. All I want you two to do in there is grow, grow, grow, and become strong babies for Mommy.

I love you,
Mommy

P.S. Daddy is starting to get really excited about meeting the two of you. He has started putting his hand on my belly and talking to both of you already! And he's actually getting ready to let Mommy order the first thing for you, a crib! Just you wait til you both meet your Daddy! He is so funny and so very wonderful! God could not have given me a better Daddy for the two of you! Anyways, breakfast time. I love you!

Mommy

0 comments: