Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hello 30 weeks and no sleep!

Dear Aj & Jaydyn,

Well, tomorrow is the official 30 week marker for us! Meaning we're definitely down to the wire now. The realization that I could be holding you anywhere from 5-8 weeks from now is really an exciting thought for Mommy. It's also a little bit of a scary one too. Just because I have never been a Mommy before, so you guys will be teaching me things that no one else could teach me! I just want to make sure I am the best Mommy I can be to you both!

We had another appointment today with the doctor! And it was then that it hit me, I didn't tell you boys about my last appointment when I got to see you! So let me start 2 weeks ago with that appointment.

Mommy was 1 day shy of being 28 weeks and we had gone for an ultrasound, a glucose test, and a visit. The glucose drink Mommy had to drink was so disgusting. It was so sweet that it literally burnt Mommy's throat when she drank it. But never the less, I drank it all. Then, we went to ultrasound. I was super excited to get to see you guys, but unfortunately since it's such a tight squeeze in there for you guys now, we didn't get any good pictures to be honest. But the worst part was Mommy got very sick during her ultrasound from being on my back too long. See, all of the weight from you two precious boys was pushing down on my inferior vena cava which in turn, caused Mommy's circulation to cut off and caused my blood pressure to drop very low. I had to lay on my left side, put a cold rag on my head, and wait to get up to make sure that I didn't puke since I was getting nauseated. It was a little scary to be honest. I'm glad your Daddy was with me though. He let me hold his hand and squeeze as hard as I needed to! He's the best!

So then we went off to get Mommy's blood drawn for the test, and to see the doctor. After he gave us the all clear, we left and went to get a bite to eat and head home!

So then Mommy waited to hear about her glucose blood test results. Mommy was very nervous about them considering that the PCOS can cause a bit of insulin resistance issues (insulin is the stuff that makes sure your body doesn't have too much sugar in it). Not to mention diabetes runs in Mommy's side of the family, and that Mommy found out she was pre-diabetic not long before she got pregnant with you two! But I was happy to hear on that next Wednesday after the appointment that I had passed the test with flying colors. My score was an 88, which is super good! It just made Mommy stop and realize God is so good. He blessed me with you two after doctors had said it probably wouldn't happen, He has given me great health during this pregnancy after doctors told me that two of you would make it very difficult on me...God has just blessed our little family so much already boys!

So anyways, that was 2 weeks ago. Today's appointment was less eventful. Mommy got weighed, and found out that she has gained 12lbs the entire pregnancy thus far with you two! Which is super duper good! My urine sample also came back great, my blood pressure was normal, and at 1 day shy of 30 weeks, I was measuring at 40 weeks, meaning if there were only 1 baby in there, I'd be getting ready to deliver ANY DAY now! Isn't that something! But Mommy really isn't ready to have you two any day now. You still have much more growing to do in the next few weeks. Actually Mommy would really like it if you stayed in there til about 36/37 weeks, which is considered full term as well! We will see what happens though, because Mommy can tell you two snuggle bugs already have a mind of your own!

Anyways, that's what has been going on with doctors and you guys here in the past 2 weeks or so. AS for Mommy's end of things, you guys are starting to make Mommy hurt a little bit now! I didn't get hardly any sleep last night because I couldn't get comfortable, and the heartburn is getting pretty intense. I feel like I swallowed a fireplace sometimes! And of course my back hurts. BUT despite those things, everything is going well otherwise. I'm still getting around well and cherishing these last few weeks I'll get to spend with the both of you protecting you from inside my belly.

I think that will be the only thing Mommy will dislike very much once you two get here. Not the lack of sleep or anything like that, it will just be a dislike that Mommy can't protect you from the world in the same way that she did while you were in my belly. While you are in here, your safe, your warm, your fed, and the world doesn't effect you yet. But once you are here, I can't protect you from every single thing that I am afraid will hurt you like I can while you are in my belly. I mean I can try, and I will try, believe me...but it still makes Mommy a little sad. But it's a good thing God is on our side and will always watch over and protect you guys for me, no matter what! And that is a good feeling!!

Anyways, Mommy just wanted to update really quickly. I had probably better get going. I need to help Daddy get the house picked up and cleaned up a bit, and I need to wash the curtains that will be hanging in your room so I can get them put up soon!

I love you both so much. Continue to get strong and healthy in there for Mommy, and I'll see you sooner than you think!

Love always and forever and ever,
Mommy

0 comments: