Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Boys!

Dear Baby Boys,

Although I love calling you my miracle babies, and to me you always will be, I also love that I can now call you my Baby Boys. My two wonderful, amazing, beautiful, and perfect baby boys.

As promised, I wanted to write you and tell you all about our big appointment to find out what the both of you were. October 8th, 2010. 9:30 am. It was the day I had been waiting for since the beginning of September. I knew it was the beginning of so many things for your Daddy and I. It was the beginning of deciding on names, deciding on the nursery theme, deciding on the color we would paint your room... But it was also the beginning of Mommy allowing herself to feel like this was and is real. To Mommy, the fact that God answered our prayers and heard our cries for you left Mommy feeling like it was a dream when I found out God had given both of you to us! But finally being able to see you, to call you both by your names, to know we're nearly half way there and in just a few short months I'll be holding you in my arms...I can finally say all of that is feeling so very real! And I can not wait and I thank God for that.

Anyways. So the morning started off very early for Mommy. Around 6:30 am I do believe. Partly due to excitement, and partly due to the fact that the night before, one or both of you boys had made Mommy crave jalepenos and unfortunately, you made Mommy crave WAY too many of them. So Mommy was up mostly because she felt sick. So after I took a zofran (nausea medicine), ate two tums, and prayed for God to make some of my pain go away, I finally decided to give up and start getting ready at around 7:30. I took a bath and got out and did my hair. Once I was all done it was about 8:15 and I decided it was time to wake Daddy up so that he could get ready too! I was still in a lot of pain from digestive issues (I don't think we'll be eating jalepenos for a very long time even though you make me crave them nearly every day!)

Daddy got ready and we were off. The doctor's office is about 35-40 minutes from where we live, so by the time we got there, it was nearly time to go in for the appointment. Mommy and Daddy were meeting a very special lady there, who your Papaw is quite fond of, by the name of Karen. Just as a little secret between you guys and Mommy, I'm really hoping Karen sticks around and happens to fall in love with your Papaw. I know that she would bet the kind of Nana that I would want my little boys to have in their life! Anyways, I called Karen to see if she was there, and she was! She said she would meet us by the front doors. So Mommy told Daddy we were ready to head in.

We got out of the car and headed to the front doors, when much to my surprise not only was Karen there, but your Papaw was there!! He had surprised Mommy and taken a vacation day at work so he could be there to see you both! I was so very very excited to see him. Your Papaw is my Daddy, and he and I have always been very very close. To say the least, your Mommy is very much so a Daddy's girl! Anyways, we all headed in, Mommy checked in, and we headed to the ultrasound waiting area.

We sat there waiting and I kept praying my belly would calm down so I wouldn't have to run to the bathroom before and during the ultrasound! Plus it didn't help that Mommy had to have a full bladder so that they could see both of you better. Boy did Mommy have to pee. Anyways, I said another quick prayer and about 4 minutes later, they called us back! We headed into the small room, Mommy laid down on the table and our ultrasound tech got right to work, while your Daddy, Papaw, and Karen watched.

First she turned off the lights so we could see better, tucked a towel in my pants, and then squirted my belly with goopy warm jelly. She then put her transducer in the jelly and rubbed it around Mommy's belly. She showed Mommy her cervix and her bladder first, and from there we started to get a good look at you Baby Boy A!

She showed us so many beautiful pictures of you. Your little legs, your little head, your arms, and feet. You were so squirmy that even our ultrasound tech said you were a little wiggle worm! And then she asked us if we wanted to know the gender. I said very much so! So then she went to find out what you were! And apparently you weren't trying to hide it at all! You had both legs wide open, and were spread eagle for the whole wide world to see! And what a sight to see! You were definitely a little Baby Boy! She even was able to tell us that you weighed 7 whole ounces! Then when she was all done looking at you and taking more beautiful pictures of you and your liver and stomach, she headed on towards your brother!

Baby Boy B, you were hanging out next to Mommy's belly button, unlike your brother who was sitting much lower in Mommy's Belly! Once they found you, the ultrasound got right to work repeating many of the same pictures that she had with your brother. We saw your little arms, legs, hands, feet, and head. Then she set to work trying to figure out what you were! And you were not quite a willing to share your goods as your brother was! You had your legs crossed and was intent on not showing us your family jewels. The tech said that she would come back to it and then took a few more pictures! My most favorite picture she took of you and your brother were your profile pictures, or the pictures where we saw you from the side. You were apparently very happy and content in there because we got to see you sucking your litle thumb! I will never forget how adorable that was! I was so in love with you and your brother and just getting to see both of you in there, happy, healthy, and handsome made Mommy so very happy! So anyways, after we got the cute pictures of you, the tech wiggled on Mommy's belly, and Abracadabra!! you opened your little legs to reveal what it was you were carrying! Mommy could clearly see you were a boy, as could everyone else! But you were not as cooperative for the tech to get a picture to prove you were indeed Mommy's little boy! Finally she got a good picture and then told Mommy everything looked good. She told Mommy based on your measurements you weighed 8 ounces!

She also did some measurements of the amniotic fluid that you boys are each hanging out in, as well as the placenta that each of you have! She said everything look wonderful, which made Mommy again, very very happy!

Then she cleaned Mommy's belly, printed some pictures, and sent us all on our way to the next stop of the day, the appointment with our doctor! I let Papaw and Karen hold on to the pictures, and we all spent the next few minutes in the waiting room on cloud 9! We were staring and cooing over your pictures, and I don't think I've ever seen your Papaw smile so much in his life!

Mommy and Daddy went into the appointment, where the doctor looked at our ultrasound pictures and said everything looked great! He said he wasn't even going to poke on me or you guys because everything looked so good. He also recommended Mommy get her flu shot, which I did even though I was a little scared of. So once they gave Mommy her shots, they sent me on my way to make another appointment! The doctor said we would be doing another ultrasound next time, which really excites Mommy because that means I'll get to see you again!

So after wards, Mommy, Daddy, Papaw, and Karen all went out for Chinese to celebrate, and we all ate to our hearts desire! After all the chatter at lunch and all the eating, we headed our separate ways. Papaw and Karen went to Karen's house, and Daddy and I came home. Although I still feel like we floated home on a cloud because Mommy was so happy.

So that's the story of how we found out what you were! We've already got our names picked out for you!

Baby A- You will be named after your Daddy. Your name will be Angel Luis Garcia IV, but so Mommy doesn't get confused, I'm going to call you AJ for Angel Junior!

and

Baby B- You will be named with a "J" name after Mommy, and your middle name will be after your Papaw, my Daddy. Your name will be Jaydyn Timothy Garcia.

Angel, your name means messenger of God, and Jaydyn, your name is Hebrew for Jehova (God) has heard. Which is so very true! God has heard my prayers for both of you and sent you both to me as little messengers to remind me that He is always faithful to answer prayers!

I love you both so very very much! We're nearly 1/2 way there and it won't be long til I'll be holding you in my arms. But for now I'll just have to wait to see you again during our next ultrasound...and that will be on November 4th (Your Papaw's Birthday) at 3:30pm! You will be 22 weeks old and both of you will nearly weigh a pound each! I can not wait until then!

I love you both, and keep growing to be strong healthy baby boys! And just for the record, since you give Mommy so much heartburn, you both had better have a TON of hair! :)

Love you Always and Forever,
Mommy

P.S. Since this is such a long letter, Mommy will post another one right after it to show you both the pictures of yourselves!

0 comments: