Monday, October 18, 2010

Tests, who needs 'em?

Dear Aj & Jaydyn,

Good morning, Mommy here! It's been a crazy couple of days but I wanted to write a letter to you that I've been thinking of writing for a very long time. But before I get started, Mommy wanted to let you know something. That when you get older, (although I pray the rapture comes before you guys head to kindergarten, lol) no matter what life throws at you, just remember to stop, look around, look at the things money can't buy, and remind yourself you're blessed.

Our weekend hasn't been so great. Your Daddy's car started falling apart Friday as I was headed home from work, and then on Sunday as we were headed to drop off Daddy's car to be fixed and then head to church, Mommy's car got a flat tire...So we drove Daddy's broken car, very carefully, to church. When I got there I found Papaw and just had a good cry. He said come over and he would try to fix Mommy's flat tire after we were all done at church. So after church, we headed home to get started on putting the doughnut on drive Mommy's car to Papaws house. So once we got all of that done, and got to Papaw's house with the broken tire, he managed to fix our tire so we would have to go buy a new one that at this point we just can't afford. (Mommy and Daddy are something called broke. You'll learn what that is all too soon unfortunately) Your Papaw can seriously fix just about ANYTHING! So after we left Papaw's, we went home to get Daddy's car to drop it off at our cousin's house to be fixed. Once we got there, we went inside to visit with them for about an hour, and when we came outside, Daddy's noticed Mommy's car had a HUGE dent in it that wasn't there before. Turns out someone visiting a neighbor next door backed into our car, and then just left. So then we had the call the police and now we're waiting for the cops to find the person who did it. (See how terrible growing up can be, that's why you should just stay little forever and let Mommy and Daddy deal with the adult world drama for you.) And finally when we got home, we found out the kitchen sink has a leak.

But I told you that story to remind you to always look around and realize your blessed. Even though Mommy needed a good cry, and was pretty upset...it could always be worse. I realized that we still have food on our table, our house may have a few problems, but it is our home and we're cozy here in it, we still have clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet, and most importantly, we all still have our health and eachother. Your Daddy and I are healthy and together and in love, you two boys are growing right on target and still letting Mommy know you're ok in there with your kicks, and jabs, and punches... no matter what leaks and what gets smashed in, as long as we've got our health and eachother and we love and serve the Lord, we are so very very blessed.

So anyways, now that Mommy's told you all of that, the reason I wrote you this letter. The title says it all. Tests, who needs 'em. When you boys were about 11 weeks old, the doctor's nurse asked me at an appointment if I would like to have any genetics tests done for you two. Mommy didn't even think twice about her answer, it was no. No, No, No, NO! My boys would have plenty of tests they'd have to pass in life as it came, but until you were here on the outside world with Mommy, I could protect you from those tests and I intended to do just that.

But there was another reason Mommy said no. See I had always said before I got pregnant that I would do EVERYTHING and every test I could to make sure my baby (little did I know it would be babies) was safe and sound in my belly. If that meant doing all the tests I could to know that everything was alright in there, I would. And then I even thought I'd be willing to undergo amniocentesis for my baby (or babies). But then, I met an adorable little guy by the name of Max. Max Charles Martin to be exact. You'll be meeting him too once your here, and I really hope you boys become the best of friends with him. Anyways, Max was born very unique, very special, and the exact way that God wanted him to be born. Just like you will be born very unique, very special, and exactly the way God wants you to be. Anyways, when Max was born, he taught me something very important. Something I thought I already knew...and that something is that love is all that matters. Love for the Lord, love for your child (in my case children), love for your family (even if they are a little crazy on occasion) is absolutely ALL that matters. Max may not be perfect to some people, but to us, to me, to God, to his Mommy, he's absolutely perfect. And he is the one who taught me that no matter what tests say, no matter what the outcome is, it's ok... because I still have so much love for you both already! And the best part is, he's only about 4 months old. So he didn't even have to talk to teach Mommy such a big lesson! Pretty cool huh?

I'm excited for when you two will be old enough to play with him at church and at friend's houses. I'm sure if you become close enough friends he'll have some cool stories to tell you about!

So anyways, that is the story of why Mommy didn't want any prenatal tests done with you. Because a special little guy named Max taught me that tests don't matter anyways, cause I'll love you no matter what the outcome of those tests would or would not have been.

So now that the big important part of our letter is out of the way, Mommy also wanted to tell you that I"m feeling you become more active in there each and every day and I love it. Although it worries me that you two seem to be night owls, as most of the time kicks, jabs, and punches seem to at night when Mommy is getting ready to go to sleep. Rotten little babies that you are already. Anyways, I'm going to finish our letter for now!

I love and need you both more than you know! Keep growing and getting healthy for Mommy, and I'll see you soon.

Love Always,
Mommy

0 comments: